Shimi, this is what I’m talking about. I was 9 years old – in 4th grade – and pretty greedy! Hopefully the “clothers” was a Houston Chronicle typo and not my error! I wonder if my dear IIe still works… My first exposure to computers… Gertrude’s Puzzles and Gertrudes Secrets! And of course, my favorite, Math Blaster!!! And then I remember being jealous when the Apple IIgs’s came out!
Of interesting note:
- I called him St. Nick! Everyone else called him Santa!
- “Sincerely”??? “Loves” and “Your friends” from everyone else!
- I hope I can blame my stilted prose on being in ESL in second grade. But this was fourth grade! Hm, can I use the same excuse for my still-stilted prose???
- Mom felt so bad when she just reread this a few days ago – the part about my clothes being too small! I guess she didn’t realize back then!
- Those stickers? I hoarded them and saved them and loved them – tacky as they were – and now they aren’t sticky anymore! Plus, I wouldn’t want to use them anyways if they were! Trash can, hello!
- And I still don’t have the Disney Channel! And I’ve never had cable. Santa, haven’t I been a good girl? How ’bout HGTV this Christmas? I don’t need the Disney Channel anymore!
- And of course, “Every good and perfect gift is from above” (James 1:17), and not from Santa.