I visited my old friends from college, Evelyn and Shimi in L.A. last week, and I had a great time hanging out with them! We had a lot of fun at the Hollywood Bowl at the “Sound of Music” sing-a-long (my favorite movie, along with “Gone with the Wind”).
We enjoyed many gastronimical delights from:
- Wurstkuche, “Purveyor of Exotic Grilled Sausages” (Shimi and I were disappointed that they ran out of alligator/andouille sausage, but the hot dogs and belgian fries that we got were excellent)
- Prado Restaurant (excellent Prado sampler and fresh, crisp mojitos)
- The Counter: Custom Built Burgers (great burgers with fresh ingredients)
- Trader Joe’s (multi-grain waffles courtesy of Evelyn’s very efficient toaster that had a “freezer” button – how novel!)
- Farmer’s Market Loteria carnita taco (Ev got a frozen yogurt from Pinkberry)
- Jamba Juice at the Grove
- Amandine Cafe (vegetable omelette + cappuccino + birthday cheesecake (?) for Shimi and me)
- Evelyn’s kitchen (homemade birthday belgian waffles + Nutella courtesy of Evelyn!)
- Newport Seafood (in Rowland Heights, EXCELLENT lobster, clams, crab soup. Sorry, Ev. I still can’t describe these dishes as well as Shimi.)
- Whole Foods (picnic dinner at the “Sound of Music” sing-a-long)
- Osteria Mamma (Yum! grilled octopus and “Reginette della Mamma” handmade pasta)
- Evelyn’s kitchen, again (pasta with pesto and grilled salmon; also, grilled snapper)
Hopefully these 3 panoramas will be approved by and embedded in Bing Maps.